Like Button

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Tough Times

It only takes a few moments of the news and you know we're in rough times with tougher times ahead. It can be pretty easy to end up worrying. Now, I can offer the "wisdom of the ages" my mother offered me -- "Worry must make a difference; 99% of what you worry about doesn't happen" -- or I can try to offer something more substantial.

For those of you who believe that "God is a gentleman" who doesn't interfere in Man's free will and simply operates where people let Him operate, I don't suppose I'll be of much help. For those of you who believe that God has not subjected Himself to His creation but, instead, remains sovereign, I have some reminders for you while you're watching the news or contemplating current events. Remember that it is God "who works all things according to the counsel of his will" (Eph. 1:11). Remember that there is nothing too difficult for God (Jer. 32:37). Remember, "the king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He will" (Prov. 21:1).

If times look bleak to you, remember who's really in charge, and remember that He loves you. Telling yourself the truth when you feel something else is a good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good word my brother, good word.