Like Button

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Love You, Mom

My mother-in-law recently passed away. The other day my sister-in-law posted a comment on her online obituary. She talked about how hard it was with her mom gone. She hadn't realized how important her mother was to her or how hard it would be without her. I understand.

We all tend to take for granted those whom we love. I know I'm not immune. We expect that spouses or parents or children or other family members will always be there. Oh, sure, if pressed, we'd say that wasn't the case, but we do in a practical sense. We operate as if the friends to which we're so accustomed will be around whenever we need them. And, in all fairness, it's part of the reason we love our family and friends -- they're always there.

I'm not trying to make some heavy statement here. I'm not trying to pull up some guilt. I'm just suggesting that today you take a moment to tell someone. Maybe you'll see them today. Maybe you can email them today. Maybe you can call or drop a letter. Tell someone that you love that you appreciate them today. You never know when it will be too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sadly true this is; we all tend to take those things for granted, as always being, that lend to our happiness and comfort here; health, loved ones; all the things that money cannot buy. Yet they are all very uncertain riches, as Paul teaches us and can be gone in the blink of an eye [1 Tim 6:17]