Like Button

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Brief Picture Gallery

And now for something completely different ...

Just thought I'd share a few of my recent photos from home.

The dreaded "Sonoran Parakeet". Obviously not a wild bird, but it's the second such "out of state" visitor.

This was the stunning view at sunset from our backyard.

Witness the awesome Arizona monsoon. At irregular intervals without much predictability we'll get these massive downpours. Indeed, this one, just a couple miles north of us, never actually got to us.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Crazy! That pic of the monsoon is awesome!

We had a sunset just like that the other night...actually, I think it was last night?

Very beautiful pictures. One of my favorite posts :D

Stan said...

"One of my favorite posts"

Yeah, I figured a break from the dramatic or serious would be a good thing.

Traci Anerson said...

What's up with the Sonoran Parakeet? When you say he's not a wild bird, is he's someone's pet who got away?

Stan said...

He's the second such parakeet we've come across in my backyard here in the desert. I did a post about the first here.

Parakeets (budgies) are not native to Arizona. These are clearly escapees from captivity. A neighbor told me he actually released two he had. Oh, and "Sonoran Parakeet" is my pet term. It's not real.