Like Button

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Isaiah 43

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isa. 43:1)
What a fantastic thing to hear from the mouth of God! "You are Mine." Coming from a lesser god, I don't suppose it would be of much benefit. It's reassuring, for instance, to hear my wife say, "I love you; you are mine." But to have from God "you are Mine" doesn't get any better.
"Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life" (Isa. 43:4).
"You are precious in My sight." Again ... from the mouth of God!
"I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins" (Isa. 43:25).
Now, most of you are fairly close to sinless, I know, but this is a sentence that just grips me. To know that the Judge of all the Earth will not call to mind my sins is a blessing beyond compare. And it is humbling to know that it is not for my sake at all; it is for His sake. I am most happy to bring glory to God by having Him wipe out my transgressions.
"The people whom I formed for Myself, will declare My praise" (Isa. 43:21).
As you join with other believers around the world today to glorify God, remember this. We are His people. He formed us for Himself. Let us declare His praise.

No comments: