Like Button

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Crescent of What?

Have you seen this? I'm dumbfounded. I don't get it. Who is it that is thinking, "This is a good idea"? I mean, why is it so quietly carried out without objection?

I never saw this. It's the first I'm hearing about it. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. But architect Paul Murdoch has designed (and the design was approved) a memorial for Flight 93 from September 11. The memorial is the "Crescent of Embrace". It is in the shape of the standard symbol of Islam -- the crescent. And it is oriented toward Mecca. It is, then, a memorial for the brave al-Qaeda martyrs that died there, not the brave Americans who stopped them.

I likely need to research this further, but apparently this controversy is old -- since 2005. Still, nothing has changed. Is there something that we can/should do about it? Is anyone else disturbed by this?

No comments: