Like Button

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Solar System Warming

In an earlier (and clearly less than serious) article, I suggested that we should execute those of us responsible for Global Warming. Well, it appears that the problem is worse than we suspected.

It appears that NASA has discovered (or rather known for years) that the polar ice caps of several planets, dwarf planets, and large moons in our solar system are shrinking. I've seen reports from 2001, 2003, and 2007 documenting the decline of the Mars ice caps. Wow! Apparently the middle class, SUV-driving, fossil-fuel-consuming, refusing-to-recycle United States has a larger impact on the universe than we had originally imagined! Not only are we destroying our planet. We've managed to warm the solar system.

And while I might question this source, it still makes me wonder: Why is it that the leadership of the middle class, SUV-driving, fossil-fuel-consuming, refusing-to-recycle United States hasn't made their own move to alter their lives to fix this crisis? Consensus aside (because, as has been pointed out by multiple sources, "consensus" is not science -- ask Galileo), if this is such a crisis, why is it that those who are so convinced that it is such a crisis aren't acting on it themselves yet? If it is true that you always act on what you really believe, one has to wonder ...

5 comments:

Samantha said...

This is completely off the subject...but....

I just saw this and thought you might enjoy it: (I don't know html)

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=18548&netp_id=446736&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

Stan said...

Now how in the world did you find something like that??

I don't know ... hands around the birdfeeder ... I mean, I get it and all, but it just doesn't seem right. But that's just me. =)

And, yes, completely off topic. =)

Samantha said...

I saw it on another blog :D

Yeah, it's sorta freaky in a way. I don't know too many birds that would want to land in that.

Jim Jordan said...

I'll have you know that I have just signed the Yoyo Accord pledging never to drive my 16 mpg Lexus SUV over Uranus!
I feel much better now...

Stan said...

Thanks, Jim, for doing your part. We can all breathe a little easier for that corner of the solar system.