(Hey, it's not my fault that July 4th falls on a Saturday this year. I remain dedicated to my readers who love the News Weakly entries and skip a patriotic July 4th entry for you readers. Hope you don't mind.)
The Sky Is Falling!
As they keep telling us, the end of the world is at hand. In this recent story, the ocean surface temperatures hit a record high and we’re in “uncharted territory.” This just after I watched a documentary on the great reefs of the world that told how the environment changed rapidly and radically and life adapted and diversified in order to survive after temperatures changed and ocean levels rose. So ... which is it? Are we headed for disaster or a new beginning? I just can’t keep up with “science” that keeps contradicting itself. (They keep proving "they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened" (Rom 1:21).)
Fragile Peace
The U.S. military launched fresh airstrikes against Iran because Iran has been attacking commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz … in the middle of the “ceasefire” and “peace treaty.” Is this a language barrier thing, where Iran doesn’t speak “peace”? I know the U.S. isn’t perfect at this, but the world was booing the playing of Iran’s national anthem at the FIFA World Cup, so it’s not the U.S. that is raising the ire of the public … this time. They keep saying, “Peace, peace,” but there is no peace (Jer 6:14; Jer 8:11).
A Different “Unrest”
A pair of earthquakes in Venezuela have killed more than 2,500 with tens of thousands missing. Aid is rushing in and Venezuela is being accused of underreporting deaths and slow response. Pray for the people of Venezuela.
An Oblivious Supreme Court
This week the Supreme Court failed to recognize that Donald Trump is the King of the United States and struck down worldwide tariffs, affirmed the independence of the Federal Reserve, and threw out Trump’s attempt at ending birthright citizenship. Crazy Supreme Court. What do they think they are? Part of a system of checks and balances for the Executive Branch? Probably just power-hungry idiots. Or … just doing their jobs—in the face of the "No Kings" complainers.
All the Fake News That’s Fit to Print
The new Supergirl movie has unveiled a new power for Supergirl—the ability to lose $100 million in one week. Europe is suffering from a deadly heatwave that has killed thousands, so American missionaries have been dispatched to Europe to spread the good news of air conditioning. Finally, in the wake of the Supreme Court’s removal of Threatened Persons Status (TPS) to many currently in the country, Democrats are vowing to only deport immigrants who love America.
Must be true; I read it on the internet.
(Postscripts: First, no, it's NOT All the fake news that's fit to print. I know. Second, I tried something a little different in this "fake news" this time. I stuck the actual story link in with the fake story link so you could see both. Just in case you were confused.)
7 comments:
The Sky is Falling!
I grew up being taught about global warming through the hole in the ozone layer letting more UV radiation through. As I got older I stopped hearing about the ozone layer and started hearing about trapped greenhouse gasses trapping heat in. And then I heard that less than 5 years before I was born, the great threat was a man made Ice Age. That's when it clinched it for me that scientists have no clue what they're talking about. Either they don't know, or we were so good at turning around a pending Ice Age to make it a new global flood.
Fragile Peace
One of the difficulties of peace is that both sides must want it for it to succeed.
A Different "Unrest"
Another of nature's groans for the revealing of the children of God. Lord, be with those who have lost loved ones and homes and businesses. May the be those that turn to you in this time of tragedy.
An Oblivious Supreme Court
On the Federal Reserve, that makes it that now we have 5 branches of government Executive, Legislative, Judicial, Administrative, and Federal Reserve. Glad to see our unelected government growing.
David, Your observation about the necessity of both sides desiring peace is spot-on. (True for so many areas of life!)
The Sky Is Falling!
I guffaw every time I am watching a nature documentary and hear them say that the animals are struggling to adjust to the (ever-so-slightly) changing conditions [always caused by us humans]. Supposedly these creatures originally sprung up out of wildly unsettled environments allegedly covering the earth following the Big Bang, long before things settled down into the livable conditions of recent millennia. Those primitive organisms were able to survive eons of that early turmoil successfully enough to create a vast animal kingdom--yet these creatures can’t cope now with a few degrees’ increase in water and air temperatures? I always reply, “Too bad the animals stopped evolving, or they could all take such deviations in their stride and come out even better for it, like they supposedly have done for millions of years in much more tumultuous settings.” Naturalistic scientists don’t hear themselves speak sometimes.
All the Fake News That’s Fit to Print
Loved the “good news of air conditioning”! I’ve been saying “stay in the A/C!” for a week, but then I heard someone on TV explain that A/C units pour more heat out into the atmosphere, just compounding the problem. Seriously? I guess global warming is our fault.
Did you notice that the Yahoo! News article about the heatwave to which you linked showed a photograph with the caption, “People shelter under umbrellas while queuing outside a venue during an intense heatwave outside a fashion show on June 25, 2026 in Paris, France”? A fashion show?! Well, they might keel over dead, but at least they’ll look stylish as they go.
"Frank" posted a comment that I intended to publish, but he included a link I can't sanction, so I've copied and pasted his comment here ... without the link.
RE: "No Kings"
The "No Kings movement" is --- like the "MAGA movement" or the "Black Lives Movement" and other phony grassroot "movements" --- a US regime-controlled operation to either control the opposition via such hope porn movements or divert them into safe outlets IN ORDER TO PREVENT A MASS REVOLUTION AGAINST the totally criminal ENTIRE US REGIME which is, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, run by PSYCHOPATHIC KINGS (not just Trump)!
The bogus 'no kings' movement wants you to think once Trump is gone everything's alright AS IF IT'S ONLY A TRUMP ISSUE. It's the same child-like mentality and stupidity of millions of people who "think" and hang on to the fake hope or fantasy that once their democrat/republican candidate is in office things will be fundamentally better again!
ANY criminal beta psychopath who has ended up and ends up in high office is merely always a lower-ranked willfully participating puppet or agent serving the true pack of alpha psychopaths behind the scenes. Removing the public-facing immoral criminals has never solved anything vital at all, and never will.
By FAR the most vital urgent and DEEP understanding everyone needs to gain is that a mafia network of manipulating PSYCHOPATHS (psychopathic KINGS) is, and always has been, governing big businesses and institutions (eg official medicine, big academia, big tech, big banks, big religions), governments and the world -- the evidence is very solid in front of everyone's "awake" nose: https://www.rolf-hefti.com/covid-19-coronavirus.html
"We’ll sit on the edge of our seats watching made-up tales about psychopathic killers while psychopathic killers rule the world." --- Caitlin Johnstone, Independent Journalist
"America is the greatest exporter of violence the world has ever known. So wear your patriotism on your sleeve and be proud. You are a depraved citizen of the world’s worst killer nation." --- Paul Craig Roberts, Ph.D., American economist & former US empire official, in 2015 [https://archive.ph/liVj5]
Yet...
"I've come to realize that the biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are compulsively filtered through the screening mesh of WHAT THEY WANT, AND DO NOT WANT, TO BE TRUE." --- Travis Walton, Author
"The world is the way that it is because most people do not care enough (even if they SAY they want things to be different) to change it through their actions." --- Mark Passio, Spiritual Teacher
"If we have learned anything in the past six years, it is that vaccinologists, doctors, and the government in general do not have good intentions and never did. The clear intention of everyone concerned was and is to make as much dirty money as possible, letting any amount of collateral damage slide, including a genocide and mass poisoning [with Covid-19 jabs]. The fact [is] that Big Pharma just murdered millions of people, with the full support of government, media, and “science”. With Covid, everyone is part of the fraud, many of them paid off, so no one has any reason to expose it, and big reasons to bury it. Don't believe anything these people tell you, ABOUT ANYTHING. It isn't time for a civil war against your neighbors, it is time for a revolution against these hoaxers and thieves." --- Miles Mathis, American author, in 2025
"Ignorance is the root cause of all Evil. Since only Knowledge eradicates ignorance, it is our duty and moral obligation to educate ourselves, as well as the masses around us." --- Anonymous
Frank, I agree that "No Kings" is a phony grassroots movement (like so many others) and that governments are imperfect and generally corrupt (because people are generally corrupt). I'm not sure about your "true morality," where you think it comes from, or why it's "true" (as opposed, as you say, to "religious morality") primarily because I don't know what you mean by "religious morality" either. Would "biblical morality" be "religious morality" and, therefore, not "true morality"? I'd have to disagree there ... as well as a few other places in your diatribe.
That is a lot of anger aimed at human nature and an ignorance of history.
Good response to “Frank,” who was perhaps randomly foraging for online mentions of “No Kings” to bomb but who, as probably a “stranger” to Winging It and to News Weakly, is completely unaware of your standard balanced and appropriately sarcastic treatment of the notion.
Post a Comment