Like Button

Saturday, February 07, 2015

As Predicted

You can't make this stuff up. Filed under the 'told you so heading, a woman in Houston married herself.

I've complained (often) in the past that the definition of marriage being imposed on us by the 2.5% and the courts has no substance. This redefining of marriage is removing a definition. Here, look in any dictionary for a definition. Regardless of which one you take, there is a common core--union. Whether it is interpersonal relationships or some sort of melding of, say, technology and art, for instance, it is a union. But as this woman illustrates, our version today is without definition.

It would appear that I have been wrong all along. I've claimed consistently that it is a redefinition of marriage to include "gay marriage". It is not. It is an undefinition. It is a removal of definition. So when they ask, "What difference will it make if we allow gay marriage?" I will point to that. It isn't inclusion. It is dissolution. Marriage itself is being dissolved. And I find no one offering any rationale to suggest that marrying herself or marrying your pet or marrying three other people should not be included since we appear to no longer have a definition of the term. Oh, the humanity! Who will stand up for the rights of those who wish to marry their fence?? Whatever "marry" might mean.

3 comments:

David said...

I wonder, if she has sex with someone, does that mean she just had an affair and cheated on herself?

Stan said...

It will be a messy divorce, won't it?

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Thanks for the laugh guys!

I saw that news either yesterday or the day before, and I added it to my links of examples of the slippery slope of same-sex fake marriage. It will only go downhill.