Like Button

Saturday, August 08, 2026

News Weakly - 8/8/2026

Learning Disabled?
The news is reporting that a deal is near on opening the Strait of Hormuz. Um … again? Oh, of course, it requires that one or both sides stop shooting. Again? We’ve had two ceasefires and now we’re in a third … where the firing hasn’t ceased. But … I guess in a world that has decided truth is relative, it would stand to reason that this would be reasonable and acceptable.

Major Missile Strike
Russian forces “pounded Kyiv” in a major missile strike that killed 10. Now, I know that loss of life is bad and I agree that this is a bad thing, but … “major missile strike”? Russian launched 35 missiles and 185 drones … and killed 10? I have to say, this doesn’t speak well of Russian missile strikes … or the media that seems to want to dredge up panic.

Border Wall
A tiny Spanish territory next to Morocco called Ceuta was inundated with an estimated 80,000 refugees fleeing Morocco. Why? Spain opened the border. The result? At last count, 141 died. The solution? Border fencing and troops. And they say Trump is crazy.

Minimum Outrage
Currently, San Francisco’s minimum wage is at $19.61 per hour for most employees. A proposal of $30 per hour has been floated. They’re keeping it off the November ballot for now, but … why not? I mean, if the goal is “living wage” and the motivation is “what I want,” why not ask for $100 per hour? Oh, sure, that will cripple the economy and make the demand for a higher wage louder, but, hey, if that’s what it takes. I don’t understand why these people can’t figure out basic economics and see that increasing the price of doing business will … increase the price of doing business. It’s just 2+2 math. Oh … I see. Too difficult.

Fake News That’s Fit to Print
After a recent big debate over a $20 burrito, news is surfacing that Jesus fed 5,000 for under $20, and the outrage is palpable. In Washington, Senator Mitch McConnell seems to have gone missing. Now a staffer has admitted they dropped him off at a farm in the country where he’d be happier. Finally, after the Fauci debacle, apparently the Senate will join the rest of the nation in holding him in contempt.

Must be true. I read it on the internet.

No comments: