Like Button

Thursday, November 02, 2023

WDJD

You remember the ol' "WWJD" -- what would Jesus do? I thought I'd look at "WDJD" -- what did Jesus do, since I'm interested in following Christ, you know. And I'm going to make this as simple as I know how. In His High Priestly prayer at the end of His life on Earth, Jesus prayed,
"I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do." (John 17:4)
Doesn't get much simpler than that. Let's look at it for a moment.

First, look at what Jesus said. "I glorified You on the earth." That was fundamental, the basis for His work here. It was His overarching aim and the task He completed. Paul understood that. "Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor 10:31). "Whatever you do." The essence of sin is falling short of the glory of God (Rom 1:23; Rom 3:23). We were predestined to adoption to the glory of God. We are to do our good works so God is glorified (Matt 5:16). Our destination is His glory (1 Peter 5:10). And Jesus accomplished the work God sent Him to do in order to glorify God.

We call ourselves Christians. We say we follow Christ. If Jesus made His whole life effort that of glorifying God, I would think we, His followers, should do the same. It's not too late to start.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

“WDJD--what did Jesus do?”--always a guiding inspiration! May I follow Jesus so closely that observers of my life cannot help but notice the family resemblance!