Like Button

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Who Do You Say I Am?

They had a lot of terms for Jesus in His day. Some called Him a blasphemer. Some called Him "Rabbi" -- teacher. Some called Him a devil, and some called Him Lord.

Now, when Jesus asked His disciples who they said He was (Matt 16:15), He got the right answer. "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Matt 16:16). What I find odd is that not too long after this, His disciples were scattering and running for cover. If they believed that Jesus was the Christ -- promised by God to Israel as their Savior -- and the Son of the living God, why run? Well, obviously, they no longer believed that. Maybe not consciously, but their actions spoke louder than their words.

Most of us know the right answer. We would agree that Jesus is teacher and Lord and the Son of the living God. But is that the real answer? Do our lives demonstrate it? Do we learn from Christ, the Word of God? Do we submit to Christ as Lord? Do we rely on the Son of God in everything? We will always act on what we truly believe. What do your actions and attitudes say about what you really believe about Jesus? Based on your attitudes and actions, who do you say He is?

1 comment:

David said...

This is always a concern for me because I know that I don't always act like I say I should, but on the other hand, isn't that part of the process of sanctification?