Like Button

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Easy Answer

Do you ever question your salvation? Do you ever wonder if you're actually saved? Jesus offered a quick and easy test.
By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)
You're "people," so you should be able to know if you are His disciple. You should be able to ask yourself, "Do I actually demonstrate love for His people?" If the answer is "No," you might need to do something about that. Like repent and turn to Christ.

4 comments:

David said...

My worry about my salvation comes from Matthew. According to Jesus there will be those that perform miracles and preach and probably even show love for the brethren, but His answer is that He never knew them. Can we ever get to a point that we are forever 100% secure in our salvation? Or is it a good thing for some doubt that leads us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, that we don't get complacent?

Stan said...

John wrote his first epistle "so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13). Apparently he thought it was a good idea to have assurance about your salvation.

David said...

But the point was to test yourself so you know. If you have 100% assurance you wouldn't need to test, right? I would think that hesitant doubt would help keep us maintain the course. Yes, be sure, but keep testing.

Craig said...

I don't think I have, which makes me wonder if I should have at some point.