Like Button

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Testify

We're living in difficult times. The courts rule against God's Word. Politicians legislate against God's commands. The news carries daily reminders of the rampant sin in everyday life. The heart of the nation is to ignore God. And it's easy to become uneasy and we can be quick to be disheartened.

So, let me remind you. All authority belongs to Christ (Matt 28:18). We have a judicial system, but it is not the final one. Christ is the judge of the living and the dead (2 Tim 4:1). And Christ did not come to save America. He came to seek and to save the lost.
"Remember this, and be assured; Recall it to mind, you transgressors. Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'; calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it. (Isa 46:8-11)
So let us pray with Jeremiah, "Our iniquities testify against us. Dear, Lord, act for Your name's sake!" (Jer 14:7)

No comments: