Just one of the many examples you’ll find of the amazing double standards out there. Someone is intolerant and they won’t tolerate them. Someone is judgmental so they’ll judge them. “You’re absolutely wrong for claiming your position is right” while they claim their position is right. “We can’t really know for sure what the Bible means” while they're pretty sure they do.
We are commanded to “Speak the truth in love” (Eph 4:15). That means we tell the truth. No wavering. No double standards. But it also means we do it in love. Truth isn’t a bat useful for beating someone over the head. If we are to love God and love our neighbors, everything we do ought to be in love—seeking the best for the other person. If we love Jesus who declared Himself “the Truth” (John 14:6), so we must also love the truth. Don’t let truth slide because it violates your personal opinions.
________
1 I am not trying to be unkind with the use of the term "same-sex mirage". I need to continually point out that there is a fundamental difference between "marriage" and what we are calling "marriage" when we put the term "same-sex", "homosexual", or "gay" in front of it. I am not objecting to it on moral grounds. I am objecting because they're not the same thing, and I use "mirage" in its place to call that to your attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment