No Bias Here
A U.N. fact-finding mission determined that the U.S. “committed war crimes” in its war with Iran when a Tomahawk missile struck a school in Minab. They say the U.S. “committed the war crime of launching indiscriminate attacks resulting in the loss of life or injury to civilians or damage to civilian objects.” Obviously, unlike Iran, a peace-loving nation that only wants to defend itself by blowing up civilian ships and firing at other noncombatants. Those are not “war crimes.” Why? Apparently solely because the U.S. didn’t do those attacks. No bias here.
Nothing to See Here
OpenAI was planning to go public this year, but decided against it since CEO Sam Altman is concerned about its safety after July’s report that their AI attacked other AIs. What could go wrong, right?
No Harm, No Foul? Or Harm, No Foul?
Russia continues to launch drone strikes against civilian targets in Ukraine. And the U.N. fact-finding mission loudly … sounded like crickets. Again, it’s Russia, not the U.S. doing it, so it is definitely not “war crimes.” Only white people can be racist, and only the U.S. can commit war crimes. Try to keep up, people.
More Fake News That Never Got Printed
Climate activists are blaming global warming for the fact that no hurricanes formed in the Atlantic this season. “Any change is bad.” Right? In another story, the Barna group did a survey and discovered that a majority of Christians are planning to replace the Holy Spirit with ChatGPT by 2028. That makes sense—trading off the third person of the Trinity sent to lead us into all truth for a piece of software that doesn’t have any idea of truth or morality. I know … the story is satire … but I’m afraid it’s too close to being actual. Finally, the Bee reports that a dyslexic California Governor Newsom is proudly celebrating the $1.87 gas prices in his state (which are, according to the story, actually $7.81). The story of course is nonsense because the cost of fuel in California is currently only $6.04 for regular gas and $8.26 for diesel, so that story is clearly bogus.
Must be true; I read it on the internet.
No Bias Here
ReplyDeleteI'm unclear how accidentally hitting a school is a war crime. Don't crimes require intent? As far as I'm aware, we were given had intelligence on that building, combined with Iran's total disregard for it's own people in placing schools purposefully next to military targets knowing the West is afraid to hit civilian targets, seems to make the strike a tragedy, but not a crime. Nobody pushed that launch button knowingly and giddily that they were targeting a school. There are also some doubts in my mind since it was claimed to be a girl's school, and last time I checked, Islam isn't too big on educating girls.
Nothing to See Here
I have so many questions about the veracity of the story that the AI "escaped containment". I guess it may be possible for a program to "figure out" that there's more information out there for it to even search for, but ultimately it is just a really complex program following directives. If someone have it instructions to figure out a question by any means and then let the door open (which I heard is what happened, there was human error in containing the AI), did it really "break containment"? That's like asking how the dog got out of the fenced yard when you left it off the leash and the gate open. Is the dog the problem after it's mauled the neighbor's cat, or the negligent owner that set up the option for a dog to do dog things? I'm more concerned that the AI breach was a human problem rather than AI getting "smarter".
No Harm, No Foul? Or Harm, No Foul?
I don't know that I ever heard anyone in the UN crying "war crime" after the horrific video of the Russian drone deliberately chasing and taunting the fruit vendor around his van. I don't know how many here have played some of the Civilization games, but there is a mechanic in the Civilization 5 games where one nation can "denounce" you. When the game controlled nations do it, it changes nothing and nobody treats you any differently. That's how I feel about the UN denouncing Israel or accusing the US of war crimes. It's virtue signaling and nothing else. When the UN called for the arrest of Netanyahu, nothing happened. They are a paper tiger, only willing and able to apply force with the backing of the US. They act more like a spilled child than a combination of powerful nations.
More Fake News That Never Got Printed
On AI replacing the Holy Spirit, for some people that is going to happen. It is not fake news. It probably has happened to a few people already. With the growing number of people already replacing relationships with humans for "relationships" with chat bots, it's quite clear that they will even more readily replace God with something we created with our own hands. I seem to recall reading about the foolishness of that somewhere...